6th Annual SAME Young Women’s STEM Day - 4/18/20
The Society of American Military Engineers (SAME) Pikes Peak Post and the US Air Force Academy will be hosting a Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Day for young women on April 18th, 2020 at the US Air Force Academy. It is a day loaded with activities for young women to have fun and learn about science, technology and engineering. The stations will include the US Air Force Academy observatory telescope, building and launching a rocket, breaking concrete, steel and other engineering materials.
All young women grade 6 to 12 are invited to attend.
Grade: 6th – 12th
Date: April 18, 2020
Time: 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Drop Off / Pick Up: Cadet Field House
Lunch and snacks will be provided for registered youth.
Registration will be limited to 70 so register early.
1. Bring water bottle.
2. Wear closed toe comfortable walking shoes & long pants.
3. Dress appropriately. Some sessions are outdoors. Girls will have to walk around campus outdoors between the sessions.
4. Adults are welcome to attend for free; however, no lunch will be provided for adults.
5. Drivers and adults that do not have DOD credentials will have to provide security information during the registration process to be allowed access to USAFA for the event.
6. The clinic will be held in an Air Force Academy secure area therefore:
a. There will be NO late arrivals or early pick-ups.
b. Adults that come along also will not be able to arrive late or leave early. Space and resources are limited so please only sign up to come along if you feel it is necessary.
Please use the link below to register for the event.
If you are interested in helping or have questions, please contact
Todd Cartwright at TAC-VW@Comcast.net or 719-313-2288
For more information about Pikes Peak SAME, please see our website: https://www.same.org/Pikes-Peak
Scholarships are available, please contact