The Technology Student Association (TSA) and Apprenticeship.gov have begun a partnership that will enable TSA members and advisors to explore the ways apprenticeship programs can launch high-skilled careers in high-growth occupations and industries.
Apprenticeship is a demand-driven, high-quality career pathway through which employers can develop and prepare their future workforce—and individuals can obtain paid work experience, classroom instruction, and a portable credential as they earn and learn.
Apprenticeship offers several benefits for students and career seekers, including:
· Paid Work: Earn a paycheck from day one
· Mentorship: Connect with people who can teach you
· Work-based Learning: Get hands-on industry training
· Classroom Training: Gain knowledge and a quality education
· Portable Credentials: Receive an industry-recognized credential
Encourage your TSA student members to explore career options and skills development! Have them visit the Apprenticeship Finder to see open apprenticeship opportunities, or check with your local school administrator to find out if your high school has a youth apprenticeship program.